Saturday, November 27, 2010

First trip out!

Blackened Mahi Mahi at Sharkys
Tonight Jon and I took Zach and Elizabeth out to eat. After an entire week holed up in the house, every bit of cool evening air felt amazing, every bite of food was scrumptious, and the company was delightful!  It was sooooo great to be out of the house.  I would make a terrible hermit.  I'm not even that great of a couch potato.  My foot did fine propped up on a chair during dinner, but it was tiring on the crutches, and I'm glad to be back in my recliner.  It's always interesting to me how a bit of deprivation makes the small pleasures in life that much sweeter.  I thoroughly enjoyed going out to eat, something I do almost weekly without even really thinking about it.  The lesson of gratitude is a good one.

1 comment: