Friday, June 10, 2011

Bunionectomy Buddies

Today I had a group of teachers over to my house to work on curriculum writing.  Since it's a committee formed from all over the district, there are some teachers I don't know at all.  One of them rang my doorbell, saw me answer it on my knee-walker, and exclaimed, "Oh!  What did you do?"  I replied, "Foot surgery."  She immediately kicked off her sandal and said, "Me too, in February!" I looked down and saw the characteristic bunion scar and a nice-sized bunion still hanging out on her other foot.  I then kicked off my right sandal and said, "Here's mine from November!"  All of which launched a long discussion about surgeons, recovery times, going back to work at a school on one foot, our mothers' bunions, on and on.  We had an immediate bond.  Bunion buddies--we know one another by our stigmata.  Great club.  Sorry dear readers, not all of you can join!


bunion cartoons, bunion cartoon, bunion picture, bunion pictures, bunion image, bunion images, bunion illustration, bunion illustrations
Bunion sufferers--we are likely to kick off our shoes and show them at any provocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment